Roberto Carlos Lange
Odili Donald Odita
Lam Wai Kit
Events at deFINE ART
Dr. Lars Nittve (b. 1953, Stockholm) is a world-renowned art critic, curator and museum director. He is the executive director of M+, the museum of visual culture, in the West Kowloon Cultural District of Hong Kong, scheduled to open in 2017. Nittve has authored several books on art, as well as articles in journals and catalogs in Sweden and abroad. He has served on the juries of numerous international prize competitions and on the boards of many arts organizations. He has also won several honors and prizes.
- First director of Tate Modern, London, which opened in May 2000, appointed 1998
- Director of the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Humlebæk, Denmark, appointed 1995
- Founding director of Rooseum Center for Contemporary Art in Malmö, Sweden, 1990-95
- Chief curator at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm, appointed 1986
- Contributor, Artforum, New York, 1978-85
- Senior art critic, daily Svenska Dagbladet, Stockholm, 1978-85
- Lecturer in art history at the Stockholm University, 1978-85
ON THE WEB
• Initiart Magazine interview by Selina Ting
Nittve studied at the Stockholm School of Economics, earned an M.A. at Stockholm University, and pursued postgraduate studies at New York University. In 2009 he earned a Ph.D from the Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden.